Candles can make a home look inviting, cozy and warm. They can also give a glow to many people’s skin tones. Candles come in many sizes, shapes and scents. Burning of candles during a showing can make the home feel warm and inviting making the buyer feel relaxed and calm. Try to pick out colors like maroon (cinnamon) orange (pumpkin) these scents are soothing and relaxing scents and will help make the potential sellers feel like home. The placing of the candles is very important. The best places to put them are in the bathroom, bedroom, kitchen table, window sills, and fireplace mantel.
If you have a fireplace, lighting a fire is a sure way to give that room a warm and welcoming feeling. Everybody loves a fireplace and your buyers will too.
Bake something delicious smelling. The Real Estate experts swear by the just baked smell when showing a home. It makes your potential buyers feel right at home. Things like Apple pie; chocolate chip cookies or fresh baked bread all will create that warm and inviting feeling.
Family photos in the home make your home feel like a house full of love. Potential buyers who see photos of a family having fun, and enjoying life in their home will create a sense of a home that has a lot of memories and love.
Bottom line, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere can help you sell your home.
There is a saying often used in the real estate industry to refer to buyers, it says buyers are liars. That is in fact not case. The perception comes from the fact that buyers often buy on emotion rather than their needs. Buying on emotions often leaves buyers passing over a potential good deal or fit and instead overpaying for their dream home.
Here are some common buyer errors and how to avoid making them.
1: Not using the right agent
Choose an agent that works in the local market and never go it alone. An agent has the skills to negotiate the best deal for one of the biggest purchases of your life. A local agent has the lay of land and knows the area well and will be able to find you the right fit.
2: There usually isn’t a better deal
When buyers keep waiting for a better deal they often miss out. When you find a house that fits your needs go for it. Don’t wait because there is no guarantee that a better deal will come on the market.
3: Overpaying for cosmetics
Look at the structure and the function of the home. Paint colors or décor don’t matter in how much the house is ultimately worth. Often buyers will pay for cosmetics and staging in a home and ignore a better deal that isn’t perfectly decorated or match their taste.
4: Not negotiating realistically
Who doesn’t want to get the lowest possible price when buying a home? Buyers need to understand there is a big difference between negotiating and lowballing. If a buyer truly wants a chance at a sale it is best to make a fair offer. Lowball offers often immediately get rejected or cause the seller to become agitated which often ends negotiations. Buyers must understand a lowball offer comes with a risk of losing the property.
Featured Property Slideshow
Concord MA Listing AlertsConcord, MA - $1,795,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:14 - Beds:5 - Baths:4/23 hours agoConcord, MA - $650,000 - Land - Acres:0.938 hours agoConcord, MA - $650,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:10 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/18 hours agoConcord, MA - $2,000 - Rentals - - Rooms:5 - Beds:2 - Baths:19 hours ago
Hamilton MA Listing AlertsHamilton, MA - $1,495,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:9 - Beds:4 - Baths:2/29 hours agoHamilton, MA - $2,750,000 - Single-Family - Contemporary - Rooms:18 - Beds:5 - Baths:7/2Hamilton, MA - $219,000 - Commercial - Year Built:1920 - Acres:0.05Hamilton, MA - $494,500 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:8 - Beds:4 - Baths:1/1
Sherborn MA Listing AlertsSherborn, MA - $1,848,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:5 - Baths:6/210 hours agoSherborn, MA - $1,375,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:13 - Beds:5 - Baths:3/113 hours agoSherborn, MA - $999,000 - Single-Family - Colonial - Rooms:11 - Beds:5 - Baths:4Sherborn, MA - $1,249,000 - Single-Family - Cape - Rooms:9 - Beds:5 - Baths:2/1
- Road Rage, Torched Car and More From the Sudbury Police Log May 21, 2013The following was reported by the Sudbury Police Department on May 15: Officers were dispatched to a two-car accident on Concord Road. […]
- Bigger, Brighter and Bolder Than Ever: Big Art is Back in Concord May 20, 2013Vermont artist David Stromeyer's installation was delivered earlier this month and will be celebrated in June. […]
- OMGPD: Bike-for-Car Swap, Dog-Bites-Donkey, a Chill Car Chase & More Police Oddities May 19, 2013Not Really a Fair Trade Newton Police responded to a report of a stolen vehicle on Beacon Street. […]
- Weekend Planner: Concerts, Tap Dancing and Spaceman Playing Softball May 17, 2013It's Thursday, and you've got no idea what you'll do this weekend. Patch is coming to the rescue. […]
- Road Rage, Torched Car and More From the Sudbury Police Log May 21, 2013
- Motorcycle Allegedly Speeding Before Friday Crash May 21, 2013A motorcycle that crashed head-on into a convertible on Route 1A on Friday evening was allegedly speeding before the crash, according to Hamilton police . […]
- Five Things to Know on May 21: Elementary School Band and Chorus Perform May 21, 2013Today is Tuesday, May 21. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham: 1. Cooler: The temperature will be at least 10 degrees cooler on Tuesday than we saw on Monday. […]
- Entire Neighborhood Hosting Saturday Yard Sale May 19, 2013There's a few local yard sales and garage sales planned this weekend in Hamilton and Wenham, in addition to all the events we told you about in Friday's "Get Out" weekend planner . […]
- Property Purchase Opinions to be Aired Thursday Night May 19, 2013Should the town of Hamilton buy the 85-acre Pirie property on Bay Road? Town leaders will hear opinions from the public on Thursday night during a public hearing at Winthrop Elementary School . […]
- Motorcycle Allegedly Speeding Before Friday Crash May 21, 2013
- Sherborn Police, Secret Service Investigate Counterfeiting Currency and Make Arrest May 17, 2013Saturday, May 11 5:58 p.m.: After a motor vehicle stop, officers arrested Christopher Meisnr, 44, from 72 Wethersfield Road in Bellingham and charged him with OUI liquor, negligent operation of a motor vehicle and marked lanes violation. […]
- What's the Going Rate For a Lawn Service? May 16, 2013This week: How much do lawn services cost? How much do you pay for your lawn service? And what does that cover - just mowing, or does it cover weeding, pruning, planting? Please share in the comments below - we promise we won't judge you! And if you've got a lawn service you love, tell us that too. […]
- Officers Respond to Alarm at Middle School May 13, 2013Saturday, May 4 8:27 a.m.: A caller on Abbott Road reported a neighbor's dog had been howling and barking for the past 90 minutes. […]
- Westborough High Ranked 28th on GoLocalWorcester.com List May 13, 2013Westborough High School is ranked 28th on GoLocalWorcester.com's Massachusetts Top High Schools 2013 list . […]
- Sherborn Police, Secret Service Investigate Counterfeiting Currency and Make Arrest May 17, 2013